Sunday 20 October 2013

Thumbnail 83 Colour Composition

This thumbnail is one of my favourite so far because of the intense use of colour which is completely unusual for my artwork. I chose to focus directly on the emotional impact upon my audience and used blues, purples and reds to show a focus of energy as it emits from the musician in the centre. The absence of buildings leaves the idea with a spacious feeling but I intended to use to vast amount of characters in the scene to overwhelm the audiences eyes with an enormous amount of information. The emotional significance of how and where colour was used is to simulate the flow of energy from the musician and his instrument to the crowd around high, with the hottest red being the instrument itself and the coldest blue being the outskirts of the audience.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, the colours your've used are very engaging and I like how your drawn to the front of the crowd with deep colours and as the crowd gets further away the colour lightens :).

    ReplyDelete